Log in Register

Log in

Exciting news about an updated summer experience open to a larger audience

The Focus Leadership Institute has updated its summer semester to meet the needs of both traditional residential students and adult learners, including FLI alumni and parents. 

As it has since 1995, our 8-week long summer program focuses on cultural and family issues from a Christian perspective, with respected professionals from various fields leading the discussion in the classroom. Students between 19 and 26 can register for the entire summer semester. Only these residential students can take advantage of a brand new, optional, two-week intensive internship after completing the classroom portion.

New for 2013, the summer will be divided into six self-contained one-week units, and each unit will be open to auditing students who are no longer qualified to attend FLI's residential program, or who have already completed it.  

A Summer Experience Made for You

FLI-SealUndergraduates, maybe getting away from campus during the school year doesn't fit your academic schedule. The FLI summer semester could be the perfect solution to your dilemma. 

Alumni, parents and friends of FLI, the new format of the summer semester gives you the chance to sink your teeth into the signature FLI content that stands and delivers. 

In this unique learning dynamic, residential students will compose 75 percent of the class while the remaining 25 percent will be auditing students.

Course Schedule

Part I: Family Issues in Christian Perspective (PSY456)
Week 1 — June 10-14
    Juli Slattery: "Intimacy in Marriage and Relationships"
Week 2 — June 17-21
    Glenn Stanton: "Theological and Cultural Trends in Marriage and Family"
Week 3 — June 24-28
    Steve and Twyla Lee: "Effective Communication, Healthy Conflict"

Week 4 — July 1-5
Intensive for residential students

Part II: Cultural Issues in Christian Perspective (PHL428)
Week 5 — July 8-12
    Robert and Elena Thomason: "Principles of Authentic Leadership for Life and Work"
Week 6 — July 15-19
    Carrie Gordon Earll: "In But Not of the World: Political & Cultural Issues"
Week 7 — July 22-26
    John Stonestreet: "Worldview & Life"
Week 8 — July 30-31
August 1: Graduation
August 5-16 Optional Internship Intensive

Summer Semester Costs

Residential Students
Tuition Deposit: $500
Tuition: $3,335
Room/Partial Board/Activities: $1,715
Total: $5,550
Room and board during Internship Intensive (Optional): $800
Ready to apply for summer? 
Start your application today!

Auditing Students*
FLI Alumni $150 per week
FLI Friends $200 per week

Multi Week Discounts:
Two Week registration $350
Six Week registration $900

Please print this registration form and mail your payment to the address below at least two weeks prior to the start of the seminar you intend to audit. All seminars will be filled according to the order in which payments is received.

Focus Leadership Institute
8605 Explorer Dr.
Colorado Springs, CO 80920

*Auditing students are responsible for their own housing, meals and transportation.

Registration is now open for auditing students.


Posted: December 2012


Focus Leadership Institute
8605 Explorer Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Phone: (719) 548-4560
Fax: (719) 548-4666
FUSA Horiz W
Go to top